Rabies Myths vs. Facts: Protecting Your Pets
Symptoms of Rabies in Pets
• Behavioral Changes: Infected animals may exhibit unusual aggression or extreme nervousness, often acting out of character.
• Excessive Salivation: Rabies can cause pets to drool excessively, leading to a noticeable change in their mouth’s appearance and moisture levels.
• Difficulty Swallowing: Pets may struggle to swallow, leading to excessive swallowing or choking.
• Paralysis and Muscle Weakness: As the virus progresses, muscle paralysis and weakness become more pronounced, leading to difficulties in movement.
• Changes in Vocalization: Pets may exhibit changes in their vocalizations, such as unusual barking, meowing, or howling.
Take Action Today: Safeguard Your Pet's Well-being at Bramalea Animal Hospital
As responsible pet owners, it’s our duty to ensure the health and safety of our beloved companions. Rabies is a severe and potentially fatal disease that can affect any mammal, including our pets. At Bramalea Animal Hospital in Brampton, Ontario, we emphasize the importance of rabies vaccinations as a crucial step in protecting your furry family members. Don’t let myths and misconceptions put your pets at risk—schedule a rabies vaccination today and give your pets the protection they deserve. Contact Bramalea Animal Hospital to make an appointment and keep your pets safe from this deadly disease.